Professional Property Management in Georgetown, Round Rock, and Greater Austin, Texas
Whether this is your first investment home or you’ve been a lifelong savvy investor, we would love to give you unparalleled property management service in the Greater Austin Area.
From prepping the property to finding good quality tenants, we are a one-stop solution for an investor who wants a “hassle-free” rental home experience. Good, proactive communication is the key to a satisfied tenant…and a satisfied tenant means, less chances of a lawsuits, better kept properties and rental payments being paid on time. Throughout the management of your home, we promise good communication to you and also the tenant.
Over the past 12 months, it took the average Georgetown real estate agent 40 days to rent out a property. We did it in almost half the time, 22 days.
Call Valerie at 713-493-8919 for a free consultation on how we can help you or email her at operations@MarsHillTexas.com
To read more about how we help our owners have peace of mind throughout the entire property management process, click the link below:
Have more than 3 properties? We have a VIP Investor’s Club just for you! Contact Valerie for more details.
Managing Vacant Homes:
We also manage vacant homes without leases. Not every homeowner wants to rent out their home to a tenant, but still values the importance of having their home “checked in” from time to time.
Who could this apply to? With Ft. Hood so close, there are many military homeowners that go on a long term deployment and their family is back “home” in another state. There are also homeowners who own second homes in greater Austin and only live in it for a few months out of the year. Or you could be somebody who will be taking an extended vacation, like taking an RV across the country for a few months. In any of these situations, it makes sense that you have the resources of a professional property management company to take care of your home.
Here are some reasons why this service could be important to you:
1. Ensure that you aren’t fined by any neighborhood associations or other ordinances and that you have a company that is able to resolve these issues for you if you do receive a notice.
2. Conduct preventive and proactive visits that could prevent a small problem from turning into a much larger one.
3. Reduces the likelihood that your home is targeted as “empty” by thieves or neighborhood kids just trying to cause mischief.
For just $75/visit (homes located outside of Georgetown are $125/visit) our management team can conduct the following services: (Price is based off a service plan of at least two visits per month)
1. Travel to the property and conduct an initial interior and exterior walk-through. Photography will be used to document this visual walk-through and posted for the homeowners reference. Recommendations will be made to protect the home against potential water damage or other issues.
2. Plumbing – Flush toilets and run some water down the drains throughout the home and through the appliances monthly to ensure gaskets don’t dry out and the plumbing is still working properly. Turn down the water heater to a lower setting to save on utility bills.
3. Landscaping/Yardwork – Coordinate with local companies to ensure the grass is cut and edged properly to avoid those pesky HOA letters. Make sure the irrigation system is set properly and not violating any city or municipal district water restrictions. Sometimes the yard company will need to conduct additional work that we can help coordinate such as tree trimming, yard fertilization, removing dead bushes, etc.
4 – Pest control – Coordinate with vendors as needed if there is evidence of anthills or pest infestation in the home. Swallow nests and wasp nests love to multiply around the exterior porches of homes and these can get messy if not taken care of immediately.
5. Litter control – This will involve picking up newspapers left on driveways or those pesky doorhangers or phonebooks that get delivered. Disclaimer: Property Manager has a right to keep the pizza coupons!
6. During winter time – Making sure the exterior hose-bibs are covered with styrofoam to prevent freezing pipes and temperatures in the inside of the home are set appropriately. Coordinate for walkways or driveways to be shoveled during a heavy snow storm so home doesn’t look vacant.
7. During summer time – Set the air conditioning properly to prevent excess humidity in the home and to make sure the system is operational. This can help prevent mold/mildew in the home.
8. Appliances – Some of these can be turned off or to it’s lowest setting to save on utility bills. Appliances can also be periodically checked to make sure they are operational. The ice-maker will be turned off and any ice will be emptied. Light bulbs will be checked to make sure there are no burned out bulbs. Batteries in smoke detectors will be checked to make sure they are fully functioning.
9. Professional Home Cleaning – This can be coordinated as needed.
10. As we see the home and notice anything that needs repair, we will photograph these items and send to you for your reference so that we can determine if you want us to help you coordinate to get it fixed. Since we have been in business for over 8 years, we have many local reputable vendors that we can refer to you.
Texas Property Code for Rental homes in Texas
Watch this video concerning the Texas Property Code for security devices on your home. This is something we comply with for all of our managed properties so that we protect our property owners from liability and for our tenant’s safety.